13 Apr 2019 - Spikes Bridge Park MCFL Saturday Division One

London Samurai Rovers

Koshi 2 Jordan



Ealing Town

(日本語) London Samurai Rovers 3 vs 3 Ealing Town


A big setback in the race for the title saw London Samurai Rovers draw 3-3 with a resilient and young Ealing Town team. It is fair to say that Ealing Town were much improved compared to the earlier in the season where Samurai ran out 4-0 winners. The game started very fast paced with Ealing Town using their pacey wingers to cut inside once the ball had gone over the Samurai highline which was holding firm. Samurai were pressing high without much luck but were still controlling the game through the middle third. The first chance feel to Koshi Takeuchi, an angled ball was crossed into the box where Andre Tiago headed across goal for Takeuchi to pass it into the keepers hands. Straight from this, Ealing Town scored the first goal, a long ball was played over the top where the rapid Ealing Town winger latched on to it for his shot to be blocked by Bobby Khaira only for the rebound to be stroked in from close range. This awoke Samurai and midfield trio began to get a hold of the game passing around the Ealing Town midfielders only to be let down in the final third. Samurai finally got the equaliser when a ball was whipped into the box by Takeuchi was missed by Samurai and Ealing heads for Jordan Brannan to pounce on from close range to make it 1-1. The second half started better for Samurai the high press was working a lot better and ball retention was higher. Ealing Town were trying to catch Samurai on the break and Samurai were using the switch of play to great benefit but without troubling the visiting keeper. This proved deadly early in the second half when a switch of play by Wataru Tobe was chested down by Takeuchi on the wing for him to drive towards the box before unleashing a shot past the on rushing Ealing Keeper to give Samurai the lead, 2-1. Unfortunately the lead was short lived as Ealing Town raced forward down the left wing to deliver a cross that was cut out by Cameron Gilmartin, the ball fell kindly back to the Ealing winger who squared the ball across to the centre forward for an easy tap in, 2-2. This prompted Samurai to respond with a barrage of possession with Keita Kasai skipping through players only to see his shot rebound wide for a corner, next up was Harry Dempsey with a shot from just inside the box which ended up cleared for yet another corner. The game seemed to be heading the way of the last with missed opportunities galore with Takeuchi and Marko Kovac both going close. However, the constant pressure paid off when Sadahuru Yoshida played a long ball over the top for Takeuchi to chase, he shielded off the Ealing centre half and coolly slotted past the oncoming keeper 3-2 with ten minutes to go. Samurai began to sit deeper and absorb the Ealing pressure which was now one way, on the 86thminute mark the Ealing winger found himself with a bit of space in the right wing, he cut inside and curled the ball into the net once again levelling the score, 3-3. Samurai tried to get a last gasp winner but it was too little too late and the final whistled ended. There are two more games left, with a break next week, First up Clapton away followed by FC Star London away. With Stonewall losing Samurai only need to win both their remaining games to be crowned league champions, C’mon you swords!