27 Apr 2019 - MCFL Saturday Division One

Clapton Community



London Samurai Rovers


(日本語) Clapton CFC 3 v 2 London Samurai Rovers FC


A must win game for both teams saw Clapton CFC take all three points in a game that should have been buried on numerous occasions throughout the 90 minutes. Samurai started with the usual 4-3-3 formation with Bobby in goal, Fumiya, Cameron, Sada and Marko making up the back four with Wata sitting in front of him. Shunya and Keita completed the midfield three with Jordan and Koshi on the wings and Keigo between them. The game started slowly with both teams competing to control the midfield and the strong winds sweeping across the pitch. The first chance well to Koshi, Wata found himself with space in the middle of the park and was able to pinpoint a long ball to send Koshi through on goal. Unfortunately he dragged his shot past the post, this was to be the start of many missed opportunities for Samurai. Clapton had a shot saved low by Bobby before Keigo lobbed the on rushing keeper after a long ball by Cameron only to be flagged offside. Clapton got the first goal of the game on the 25thminute when a ball over top was left by Cameron and Bobby for the Clapton striker to poke into an empty net, 1-0. Samurai upped the game for the rest of the half and Koshi managed to put two more chances wide and one at the keeper after being put through one-on-one. Samurai finally got their deserved equaliser in the dying moments of the first half, Koshi shot from the edge of the box and it was deflected by the Clapton centre back up in the air, the keeper tried to claim but it dropped under the bar for Wata to tap home, 1-1 and half time straight from centre.

The second half started poorly for Samurai after a resurgent first half display, a Clapton ball was not dealt with properly and the right winger was put through where he squared the ball across the goal for an easy tap in, 2-1 Clapton. The lead didn’t last long though as only 5 minutes later Koshi was put through down the right wing where he rifled the ball across the goalkeeper and into the opposite, top corner to make it 2-2. The half wore on with Samurai still vaguely controlling the game, Clapton had a chance but their forward drilled it straight at Bobby and Koshi had another two one-on-ones that went wide. Clapton managed to win a throw on deep inside the Samurai half, a long throw was launched into the box for their left winger to head goal bound, unfortunately it took a deflection off of Sada and flew into the top corner, 3-2 Clapton. From here on it was all Samurai chance after chance fell too Koshi, Andre, Shin, Cameron and Sada with last gasp tackles and clearances keeping the score as it stood. Much like the FC Start London match weeks earlier Samurai could just not get that much needed goal. The final whistle blew and so did all hope of winning the league, even with a 15 point deduction, next week sees Samurai travel east to FC Star London where a win will see them finish 4thin the league and conclude this seasons league campaign.